Friday 1 February 2013

Time & Tide

Readers of this blog will remember that I enjoyed a wonderful guided walk to Worm's Head on  Gower last summer.  I recall how pleasant it was to amble with my fellow-walkers through the rocks that connect the tidal island with the mainland.  I took this photo as we approached the traverse.


A couple of weeks ago, I found myself at exactly the same spot, but in altogether different circumstances.  Where the inviting causeway had been was a tempestuous mass of surging waves and an icy gale chilled me to the bone.  The contrast between my memories of summer and the scene in front of me was profoundly disturbing, and acted as a reminder of how insignificant we are when faced by the power of nature.


To read the original blog post about my walk 'to the Worm' click here

No comments:

Post a Comment